Climate change was a popular topic of discussion at this year’s act21 conference, with several sessions addressing its impact on actuarial practice. Guest host Gaetano Geretto, FCIA, and members of the CIA Climate Change and Sustainability Committee – FCIAs André Choquet, Zahir Bhanji, and Frédéric Matte – review what was covered and how these conversations will shape the profession’s challenges going forward.
Read the documents (mentioned, in order):
- Navigating Uncertainty in Climate Change, OSFI, January 2021
- Advice statement to OSFI on navigating uncertainty in climate change, CIA, June 1, 2021
- Time to Act: Facing the Risks of a Changing Climate, CIA, September 24, 2019
- Practice Resource Document: Climate Change Scenario, CIA, April 1, 2021
- Factoring Climate Risk and Financial Valuation, Intact Centre on Climate adaptation, March 2020